Thursday, May 10, 2012

It Takes Time

Patience. Something I'm working on. I realized that I went through the grieving process like it was a To Do List. I checked everything off and set it aside. On to the next project.

Unfortunately, that's not exactly how it works. Sometimes we need to linger a little longer and allow ourselves to FEEL the emotions. I think I did at first. After 4 or 5 miscarriages though, I told myself I didn't have time for this. I had things that I needed to do. I quickly went through the range of emotions and then moved on.

Healing takes time. When I have a cold I can't just wake up one morning and say I'm over this. There are things I can do to relieve the symptoms and speed the recovery, but it still takes time. Emotional healing is like that too. It takes time.

No comments: